-   -   Column "SUM" Not SUMming (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/197387-column-sum-not-summing.html)

Mumsy

Column "SUM" Not SUMming

I am having a problem with an often used spreadsheet. I have a column of
figures that starts with a positive figure and then subtracts various
entries. The column is 39 rows long and I used the Greek "SUM" icon to
figure the answer. This was working fine until I noticed, just yesterday,
that it wasn't automatically changing the total as I changed the entries. If
I re "SUM" it it's fine, but it won't do it automatically. I use this sheet
from month to month and I don't think I've "locked" any of the cells. Is
there something that I'm doing wrong?

--
Thanks

David Biddulph[_2_]

Column "SUM" Not SUMming

Tools/ Options/ Calculation
Make sure it's set to Automatic, nor Manual.
--
David Biddulph

"Mumsy" (donotspam) wrote in message
I am having a problem with an often used spreadsheet. I have a column of
figures that starts with a positive figure and then subtracts various
entries. The column is 39 rows long and I used the Greek "SUM" icon to
figure the answer. This was working fine until I noticed, just yesterday,
that it wasn't automatically changing the total as I changed the entries.
If
I re "SUM" it it's fine, but it won't do it automatically. I use this
sheet
from month to month and I don't think I've "locked" any of the cells. Is
there something that I'm doing wrong?

--
Thanks

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_1017_]

Column "SUM" Not SUMming

Let's rule out the obvious first... click Tools/Options on the menu bar and
then click the Calculation tab on the Options dialog box... look at the top
section (labeled Calculation)... is Automatic checked?

Rick