-   -   divide a resultant number into another number (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/197262-divide-resultant-number-into-another-number.html)

DavidR

divide a resultant number into another number

I need to divide two numbers and then divide the result of that calculation
into 365.

This is for stock turn purposes ie Total Number of Days in Stock divided by
Total Number of Units, reult is then divided into 365

Example: b16/d17 = 57, how do I then divide 57 into 365?

Many thanks

Mike H

divide a resultant number into another number

Try this

=365/($B$16/$D$17)

But because I'm not sure what you mean maybe this

=($B$16/$D$17)/365

Mike

"DavidR" wrote:

I need to divide two numbers and then divide the result of that calculation
into 365.

This is for stock turn purposes ie Total Number of Days in Stock divided by
Total Number of Units, reult is then divided into 365

Example: b16/d17 = 57, how do I then divide 57 into 365?

Many thanks

JMB

divide a resultant number into another number

try
=365/(B16/D17)

"DavidR" wrote:

I need to divide two numbers and then divide the result of that calculation
into 365.

This is for stock turn purposes ie Total Number of Days in Stock divided by
Total Number of Units, reult is then divided into 365

Example: b16/d17 = 57, how do I then divide 57 into 365?

Many thanks

Jim Thomlinson

divide a resultant number into another number

Perhaps...
=(b16/d17)/365
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"DavidR" wrote:

I need to divide two numbers and then divide the result of that calculation
into 365.

This is for stock turn purposes ie Total Number of Days in Stock divided by
Total Number of Units, reult is then divided into 365

Example: b16/d17 = 57, how do I then divide 57 into 365?

Many thanks

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_1011_]

divide a resultant number into another number

For what you have described, you want this...

=365/(B16/D17)

Rick

"DavidR" wrote in message
I need to divide two numbers and then divide the result of that calculation
into 365.

This is for stock turn purposes ie Total Number of Days in Stock divided
by
Total Number of Units, reult is then divided into 365

Example: b16/d17 = 57, how do I then divide 57 into 365?

Many thanks

DavidR

divide a resultant number into another number

Very many thanks; that worked for me.

DavidR

"JMB" wrote:

try