-   -   Hidden content (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/197245-hidden-content.html)

Marie

Hidden content

I want the contents of a cell hidden but the cell to remain in view. In
other words when someone looks at the spread sheet they think that cell c5
has no data in it until they click on that cell, in the formula bar they can
see the actual contents of the cell. Is this possible?

Marie

Peo Sjoblom[_2_]

Hidden content

Format the cell with white fonts

Peo Sjoblom

"Marie" wrote in message
I want the contents of a cell hidden but the cell to remain in view. In
other words when someone looks at the spread sheet they think that cell
c5
has no data in it until they click on that cell, in the formula bar they
can
see the actual contents of the cell. Is this possible?

Marie

Mathew P Bennett

Hidden content

Easy at would be to format the font colour as white.
Mathew
"Marie" wrote in message
I want the contents of a cell hidden but the cell to remain in view. In
other words when someone looks at the spread sheet they think that cell
c5
has no data in it until they click on that cell, in the formula bar they
can
see the actual contents of the cell. Is this possible?

Marie

Mathew P Bennett

Hidden content

Response as before - format content of cell as white, that way the cell will
look as if there is nothing in it until one chooses it & sees the value in
the formula bar
"Marie" wrote in message
I want the contents of a cell hidden but the cell to remain in view. In
other words when someone looks at the spread sheet they think that cell
c5
has no data in it until they click on that cell, in the formula bar they
can
see the actual contents of the cell. Is this possible?

Marie

Dave Peterson

Hidden content

Another way is to use a custom number format:

Format|Cells|Number tab
;;;
(3 semicolons)

--