-   -   How can I keep "&" in the header? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/197100-how-can-i-keep-header.html)

Jim S

How can I keep "&" in the header?

When I insert the ampersand (&) sign in a header or footer [ABC & Co.] the &
is deleted from the print preview and will not be printed. How can I keep
the "&" sign in the header/footer?

PCLIVE

How can I keep "&" in the header?

Use 2 ampersands.

&&

Regards,
Paul

--

&
is deleted from the print preview and will not be printed. How can I keep
the "&" sign in the header/footer?

Kevin B

How can I keep "&" in the header?

The ampersand is a special character used by Excel in headers and footers.
To see a literal ampersand type two of them side by side without any space
between them.

&&

The next time you insert a page number of tab name in a header or footer
take a look at the variable that Excel inserts. Each of them will have an
ampersand prefix
--
Kevin Backmann