Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default SEARCH WORKSHEET USING A NOT CRITERIA

I'm updating a new price sheet for a business from the new prices online. On
the new sheet from the internet there are bulk, 55 GA drums, 12/1 packages
and so on. I only need the prices for everything but the bulk. Each product
is listed like this
Ursa 15/40
Ursa 15/40 (55GA NRD)
Ursa 15/40 (12/1-GT)
Ursa 15/40 (5Ga Pal)
Rando 68....
So the Ursa 15/40 and Rando 68 I don't need. There are about 4,000
products, so to go through and delete them one at a time is time consuming.
I tried to search, but I can't search for NOT something ex :
Find: NOT: "*(55GA NRD)" I believe the * will search for any string of
characters before (55GA NRD).
Then I tried to insert a new column and do a conditional formula.
ex: =NOT(E5= "*(55GA NRD)")
However this did not work either. Can any one help solve my problem.
THANK YOU