-   -   Excel crashes when inserting a row or column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/197052-excel-crashes-when-inserting-row-column.html)

mm

Excel crashes when inserting a row or column

Hi-

I am working in an excel 2007 workbook, but when I try to insert a row or
column, it freezes and crashes. What is the fix for this?

Jeremiah Johnson

Excel crashes when inserting a row or column

One fix would be Excel 2003

"MM"
wrote in message
Hi-
I am working in an excel 2007 workbook, but when I try to insert a row or column, it freezes and crashes. What is the fix for this?

mm

Excel crashes when inserting a row or column

Excel 2003 is not an option. We are running Office 2007 in my office.

"Jeremiah Johnson" wrote:

One fix would be Excel 2003

"MM"
wrote in message
Hi-
I am working in an excel 2007 workbook, but when I try to insert a row or column, it freezes and crashes. What is the fix for this?

jhultin

Excel crashes when inserting a row or column

Same happens to me, with large workbooks. I've used Excel 2007 successfully
(a few crashes with large - 500,000 line spreadsheets) for a year on Windows
XP. Just got a new computer with Vista for business, and excel crashes
continuously - sometimes only upon making a selection.

On the other hand, it can perform some complex lookups and pivot tables, and
go without a glitch.

I've run all the diagnostics, but "nothing's wrong".