Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Count quantity of repeated items in a column

I have a list that contains numbers that repeat Example: 900,825,827,900,
765,827,765, 765, 902, 900, etcc... I want to know how many times each number
is repeated in that column. What function in Excel 2007 do I use so that I
know 900 was repeated 340 times and 825 was repeated 23 times. There are
thousands of numbers repeated thousands of times so how do I found out how
many times each number is repeated? Can someone explain this step by step
because Im new to Excel...

Thanks,

Susan