-   -   Background Picture OR text over a picture (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/19686-background-picture-text-over-picture.html)

greg

Background Picture OR text over a picture

I'm trying to set up a spreadsheet where a have a picture (background) within
the spreadsheet, but then I want to be able to type over the picture. I know
you can set the whole page background to a picture, but I don't want the
whole page to have the background, just one area of the spreadsheet.

How can this be accomplished?
--
Thanks,

Earl Kiosterud

Greg,

About the only way that comes to mind is to make a larger image file to use
as your background picture. It would have the image where you want it, and
be plain white for the rest. Keep in mind that a background picture doesn't
change size as you zoom. So it won't stay in relation to the cells. Also,
it does not print.

--
Earl Kiosterud