-   -   Multiple subtotal rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/196712-multiple-subtotal-rows.html)

smartgal

Multiple subtotal rows

I have two criteria by which I want to subtotal - basically I have customer
POs and invoices. The customer can have multiple invoices on the same PO so
I want to be able to subtotal the invoice / payment amounts and then subtotal
again by PO, showing a total outstanding for each PO.

I've been able to do this in the past (subtotal by multiple criteria) and
instead of the three tabs at the top left, I get four. However, in doing
this today I'm not getting a true subtotal by the PO - still only getting
three tabs.

I'm on MS Excel 2002 SP3.

Thx!

mm

smartgal

Multiple subtotal rows

I found this article regarding "nested" subtotal difficulties with SP3:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831824