-   -   formula copy or alternative solutions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/196523-formula-copy-alternative-solutions.html)

Arain

formula copy or alternative solutions

Dear All,

I have a formula that i have to copy to 146 columns.

=IF(VLOOKUP($B4,Perm,1)=0,"",VLOOKUP($B4,Perm,1))

is there a way to automate the 1 in the formula to 2 when i copy to column
to 2 .

The purpose of the formula is to look for B4 value in the sheet called
permission list and return the value associated with it which is X if false
and blank if true. Any and all help will be appreciated if the process is
automated somehow and i dont have to manually change the number.

Thanks in advance.

Arain

formula copy or alternative solutions

One thing i thought will be helpful is if i explain more and someone can find
an easier solution to this. the purpose as i explained earliers to look for
value A4(JOHN) in sheet 2 column A and return any values in rows (X or
anything) from the where the A4 (John) value was found.

Thanks again

"Arain" wrote:

Dear All,

I have a formula that i have to copy to 146 columns.

=IF(VLOOKUP($B4,Perm,1)=0,"",VLOOKUP($B4,Perm,1))

is there a way to automate the 1 in the formula to 2 when i copy to column
to 2 .

The purpose of the formula is to look for B4 value in the sheet called
permission list and return the value associated with it which is X if false
and blank if true. Any and all help will be appreciated if the process is
automated somehow and i dont have to manually change the number.

Thanks in advance.

macropod[_2_]

formula copy or alternative solutions

Hi Arain,

Try:
=IF(VLOOKUP($B4,Perm,COLUMN())=0,"",VLOOKUP($B4,Pe rm,COLUMN()))

--
Cheers
macropod

"Arain" wrote in message ...
Dear All,

I have a formula that i have to copy to 146 columns.

=IF(VLOOKUP($B4,Perm,1)=0,"",VLOOKUP($B4,Perm,1))

is there a way to automate the 1 in the formula to 2 when i copy to column
to 2 .

The purpose of the formula is to look for B4 value in the sheet called
permission list and return the value associated with it which is X if false
and blank if true. Any and all help will be appreciated if the process is
automated somehow and i dont have to manually change the number.

Thanks in advance.

Arain

formula copy or alternative solutions

the formula works till ax column and crashes. is there any limitation to
vlookup

"Arain" wrote in message ...
Dear All,

I have a formula that i have to copy to 146 columns.

=IF(VLOOKUP($B4,Perm,1)=0,"",VLOOKUP($B4,Perm,1))

is there a way to automate the 1 in the formula to 2 when i copy to column
to 2 .

The purpose of the formula is to look for B4 value in the sheet called
permission list and return the value associated with it which is X if false
and blank if true. Any and all help will be appreciated if the process is
automated somehow and i dont have to manually change the number.

Thanks in advance.

macropod[_2_]

formula copy or alternative solutions

Crashes in what sense?