-   -   Dragging to fill dates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/196423-dragging-fill-dates.html)

Matt S

Dragging to fill dates

When I drag dates the date remains the same.

What do I need to ajust?

Gord Dibben

Dragging to fill dates

Sounds like the dragged dates are not real dates.

Re-enter as a date that Excel recognizes.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 08:27:00 -0700, Matt S
wrote:

When I drag dates the date remains the same.

What do I need to ajust?

M Kan

Dragging to fill dates

If it's a consecutive series of dates, you might just have to enter the
second date, select both, and then drag down.
--
Tips for Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Other Applications
http://www.kan.org/tips

"Matt S" wrote:

When I drag dates the date remains the same.

What do I need to ajust?

Matt S

Dragging to fill dates

The problem Im having is not limited to dates. I cant fill sequential
numbers either. And, the problem is only occurring on one worksheet in the
workbook.

On the problem worksheet, whether I try to fill dates or integers, I cant.

But, I added a worksheet and I can do exactly what Im accustomed to. I can
drag a date or a set of numbers and get a sequential fill.

Honestly.

This is one has me really stumped. HELP!