-   -   "paste special" "paste link" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/19624-%22paste-special%22-%22paste-link%22.html)

lssweatt

"paste special" "paste link"

I want to paste a ROW of cells from one excel file using "past special" and
"paste link" to another excel file but into a COLUMN on the same amount of
cells. I can not get it to "rotate" from a ROW of values or formulas to a
COLUMN. IS this possible?

Lady Layla

Look up Transpose in the Help Index

"lssweatt" wrote in message
: I want to paste a ROW of cells from one excel file using "past special" and
: "paste link" to another excel file but into a COLUMN on the same amount of
: cells. I can not get it to "rotate" from a ROW of values or formulas to a
: COLUMN. IS this possible?

Jim Rech

As you discovered, paste link and transpose do not go together. You could
do an paste link and then a cut/paste to the final destination.

--
Jim