-   -   Look Up Help Needed (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/196007-look-up-help-needed.html)

Bob

Look Up Help Needed

Let's say I have a data table where the top row contains this month's dates
and the row beneath contains a bank balance. I update the bank balance row
each day with the prior day's balance. Also, there is a column to the far
right called 'Daily Total.' See below:

Daily Total
Dates| 7/1 7/2 7/3 etc.
Value| $1 $4 $5 etc. ?

How can I have the "Daily Total" column return the most recent date's bank
balance? Note, it is possible that the balance could be zero.

Peo Sjoblom[_2_]

Look Up Help Needed

=INDEX(A2:Z2,MATCH(MAX(A1:Z1),A1:Z1,0))

Peo Sjoblom

"Bob" wrote in message
Let's say I have a data table where the top row contains this month's
dates
and the row beneath contains a bank balance. I update the bank balance
row
each day with the prior day's balance. Also, there is a column to the far
right called 'Daily Total.' See below:

Daily Total
Dates| 7/1 7/2 7/3 etc.
Value| $1 $4 $5 etc. ?

How can I have the "Daily Total" column return the most recent date's bank
balance? Note, it is possible that the balance could be zero.

Mike H

Look Up Help Needed

Hi,

Provide you don't have a daily balance in excess of

100000000000000000000000

This should work
=LOOKUP(10^23,A2:AE2)
It will find the right most number in row A2:AE2

Mike

"Bob" wrote:

Let's say I have a data table where the top row contains this month's dates
and the row beneath contains a bank balance. I update the bank balance row
each day with the prior day's balance. Also, there is a column to the far
right called 'Daily Total.' See below:

Daily Total
Dates| 7/1 7/2 7/3 etc.
Value| $1 $4 $5 etc. ?

How can I have the "Daily Total" column return the most recent date's bank
balance? Note, it is possible that the balance could be zero.

T. Valko

Look Up Help Needed

In other words, you want to return the *last* numeric value of the row?

Try something like this:

=IF(COUNT(A2:AE2),LOOKUP(1E10,A2:AE2),"")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP