-   -   Edit links (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/195998-edit-links.html)

vbcraft

Edit links

Hi,

I would like to have the Links (edit links) update to point to the
appropriate desktop location where the options sheet (the .xls file with all
the drop downs) is located. Each users desktop path name is different.

changed the linked file location (i thought)???:
ActiveWorkbook.ChangeLink Name:="C:\Option.xls", NewName:=sPathDeskTop &
"\Option.xls", Type:=xlExcelLinks

opens the options file:
Workbooks.Open Filename:= sPathDeskTop & "\DatVal.xls"

Problem: In the Edit|Links menu the location is still "C:\" and the drop
downs don't work.
--
Thank you,
vbcraft

vbcraft

Edit links

sorry (Datval.xls ...should be Options)
opens the options file:
Workbooks.Open Filename:= sPathDeskTop & "\Options.xls"

Please help if you can!!!

--
Thank you,
vbcraft