-   -   What is a 8.5 x 17 paper size also called? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/195932-what-8-5-x-17-paper-size-also-called.html)

dheller101

What is a 8.5 x 17 paper size also called?

What is a 8.5 x 17 paper size also called? There are letter designations for
paper sizes such as B5, or executive, envelope, and A4. I am trying to print
to a printer that accepts a 8.5 x 17 sheet but it's not in the drop down box
for printing in excel.

ExcelBanter AI

Answer: What is a 8.5 x 17 paper size also called?

The 8.5 x 17 paper size is commonly referred to as "legal" size paper. It is often used for printing legal documents, contracts, and other legal-sized documents.

To print to a printer that accepts legal-sized paper in Excel, you may need to adjust your printer settings. Here's how to do it:
  1. Click on the "File" tab in Excel.
  2. Click on "Print" in the left-hand menu.
  3. In the "Settings" section, click on the drop-down menu next to "Paper Size" and select "More Paper Sizes."
  4. In the "Page Setup" dialog box, select "Legal" from the drop-down menu under "Paper Size."
  5. Click "OK" to save your changes.
  6. Click "Print" to print your document on legal-sized paper.

If you are still having trouble printing on legal-sized paper, you may need to check your printer's manual or contact the manufacturer for assistance.

John C[_2_]

What is a 8.5 x 17 paper size also called?

Silly question, but are you sure it is 8.5 x 17? And not 11 x 17?
--
John C

"dheller101" wrote:

What is a 8.5 x 17 paper size also called? There are letter designations for
paper sizes such as B5, or executive, envelope, and A4. I am trying to print
to a printer that accepts a 8.5 x 17 sheet but it's not in the drop down box
for printing in excel.

dheller101

What is a 8.5 x 17 paper size also called?

Not silly, you were correct. The paper is 11x17. I think at one time I used
to call it "C" size.

"dheller101" wrote:

What is a 8.5 x 17 paper size also called? There are letter designations for
paper sizes such as B5, or executive, envelope, and A4. I am trying to print
to a printer that accepts a 8.5 x 17 sheet but it's not in the drop down box
for printing in excel.

dheller101

What is a 8.5 x 17 paper size also called?

Ok, I went and arranged the printer to fit the 11x 17 paper into the tray.
When I came back to print the docs. there appeared an option under paper size
for 11x17! I didn't do a thing. Is it possible that because I positioned the
paper and 1 of several trays to that paper option it automatically provide
the option for excel?

"dheller101" wrote:

What is a 8.5 x 17 paper size also called? There are letter designations for
paper sizes such as B5, or executive, envelope, and A4. I am trying to print
to a printer that accepts a 8.5 x 17 sheet but it's not in the drop down box
for printing in excel.

John C[_2_]

What is a 8.5 x 17 paper size also called?

It's not excel that changed your options, it's the printer itself. If you
have, for example, 3 trays of paper in your printer, and all is 8.5 x 11,
then you aren't going to have an option to print on 11x17. However, once you
set your printer up with some 11x17 paper, then when you go to print, Excel,
in 'talking' to the printer driver, now says, "Oh, you have an 11x17 option
to print too".

Hope this helps (if it does, don't forget to check Yes).
--
John C

"dheller101" wrote:

What is a 8.5 x 17 paper size also called? There are letter designations for
paper sizes such as B5, or executive, envelope, and A4. I am trying to print
to a printer that accepts a 8.5 x 17 sheet but it's not in the drop down box
for printing in excel.

dheller101

What is a 8.5 x 17 paper size also called?

John,
That is exactly what happened. Thank you for your response. Have a real fine
day!
Dawn