-   -   Compare EE #s & Copy Info (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/195880-compare-ee-s-copy-info.html)

Steve C

Compare EE #s & Copy Info

I'm for a formula that will compare 2 columns and copy an adjacent column if
they match. In the example below, I would compare the EE#s in columns B and
c and if they match, it would copy the name in column A to column D.

A B C D
Name EE# EE# Desired Result
Tom 24 11 Tony
Bill 36 24 Tom
Tony 11 36 Bill

RagDyeR

Compare EE #s & Copy Info

Try this in D2:

=INDEX($A$2:$A$50,MATCH(C2,$B$2:$B$50,0))

--
HTH,

RD

"Steve C" wrote in message
I'm for a formula that will compare 2 columns and copy an adjacent column
if
they match. In the example below, I would compare the EE#s in columns B
and
c and if they match, it would copy the name in column A to column D.

A B C D
Name EE# EE# Desired Result
Tom 24 11 Tony
Bill 36 24 Tom
Tony 11 36 Bill

Steve C

Compare EE #s & Copy Info

Perfect. Thanks.

"RagDyer" wrote:

Try this in D2:

=INDEX($A$2:$A$50,MATCH(C2,$B$2:$B$50,0))

--
HTH,

RD

"Steve C" wrote in message
I'm for a formula that will compare 2 columns and copy an adjacent column
if
they match. In the example below, I would compare the EE#s in columns B
and
c and if they match, it would copy the name in column A to column D.

A B C D
Name EE# EE# Desired Result
Tom 24 11 Tony
Bill 36 24 Tom
Tony 11 36 Bill

RagDyeR

Compare EE #s & Copy Info

You're welcome, and thanks for the feed-back.

RD

"Steve C" wrote in message
Perfect. Thanks.

"RagDyer" wrote:

Try this in D2:

=INDEX($A$2:$A$50,MATCH(C2,$B$2:$B$50,0))

--
HTH,

RD