-   -   Unprotect workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/195809-unprotect-workbook.html)

Kim

Unprotect workbook

Using Excel 2007, how do you unprotect the workbook in an Excel 2003 file.
The protect workbook function actually indicates it is not protected, but I
know it is. Also, when I try to copy in a new worksheet, it says it is
protected.

Please help.

Bob Umlas, Excel MVP

Unprotect workbook

You should be able to unprotect it from the View tab.

"Kim" wrote:

Using Excel 2007, how do you unprotect the workbook in an Excel 2003 file.
The protect workbook function actually indicates it is not protected, but I
know it is. Also, when I try to copy in a new worksheet, it says it is
protected.

Please help.

Kim

Unprotect workbook

Actually, it appears to be the Review tab and actually Excel 2007 does not
see the file as being protected. The only option is to "Protect".
I need to know when using Excel 2007 how do you unprotect a workbook that
was protected in Excel 2003?

"Kim" wrote:

Using Excel 2007, how do you unprotect the workbook in an Excel 2003 file.
The protect workbook function actually indicates it is not protected, but I
know it is. Also, when I try to copy in a new worksheet, it says it is
protected.

Please help.

kbec

Unprotect workbook

I am having the same problem. Were you able to find a fix?
--
kbec