-   -   Need to find the name of the command buttons (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/195766-need-find-name-command-buttons.html)

glenda

Need to find the name of the command buttons

I inherited a spreadsheet that contains 11 steps kicked off by command
buttons. I want the command buttons to be disabled as they are completed so
the users will not run the same process more than once. I'm not able to find
the names of the buttons to be able to reference them.

Gord Dibben

Need to find the name of the command buttons

If button is a Forms button, Right-click on the button and you will see the
name up in the namebox.

If from the control toolbox, same as above or "Properties"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 06:26:05 -0700, Glenda
wrote:

I inherited a spreadsheet that contains 11 steps kicked off by command
buttons. I want the command buttons to be disabled as they are completed so
the users will not run the same process more than once. I'm not able to find
the names of the buttons to be able to reference them.

StumpedAgain

Need to find the name of the command buttons

Try using the "Control Toolbox" (Tools-Customize...) design mode. Right
click the button and select properties. It usually gives the name of the
button. If not, you may be able to create new buttons and assign the
macros/proceedures to the new buttons and work with those.
--
-SA