-   -   Is there a shortcut for applying sheet formatting to another sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/195266-there-shortcut-applying-sheet-formatting-another-sheet.html)

M Kan

Is there a shortcut for applying sheet formatting to another sheet

In Excel 2003, I thought there was a shortcut key for applying sheet level
formatting (e.g., margins, headers, footers, etc) from one sheet to another,
but can't seem to find it anywhere.
--
Tips for Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Other Applications
http://www.kan.org/tips

Dave Peterson

Is there a shortcut for applying sheet formatting to another sheet

If an existing sheet is already setup, you could group the sheets.
And with the good one active
file|page setup
click ok
and then ungroup the sheets.

Lots of those print settings get copied to the other sheets in the group.

It can be lots easier to copy the worksheet that's setup, then make changes to
the data--instead of starting with an empty worksheet.

If you have lots of these to do, you may want to make a worksheet and use it as
a template for other new worksheets.

M Kan wrote:

In Excel 2003, I thought there was a shortcut key for applying sheet level
formatting (e.g., margins, headers, footers, etc) from one sheet to another,
but can't seem to find it anywhere.
--
Tips for Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Other Applications
http://www.kan.org/tips

--

Dave Peterson

M Kan

Is there a shortcut for applying sheet formatting to another s

OK, now I feel stupid. The last time I tried to do that was probably on an
older version of Excel, where it didn't work. Thanks
--

M Kan wrote:

In Excel 2003, I thought there was a shortcut key for applying sheet level
formatting (e.g., margins, headers, footers, etc) from one sheet to another,
but can't seem to find it anywhere.
--
Tips for Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Other Applications
http://www.kan.org/tips

--

Dave Peterson

Gord Dibben

Is there a shortcut for applying sheet formatting to another sheet

Select the sheet with the formatting you want to replicate.

CTRL + Click on other sheet.

FilePage SetupOK

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP