-   -   =IF(B25="",ROUND(O25,-2),"") (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/195219-%3Dif-b25%3D-round-o25-2-a.html)

Nick C

=IF(B25="",ROUND(O25,-2),"")

I am trying to write a formula which rounds O25 to the nearest thousand, with
a minimum of one thousand.

So 330 would be 1000
1565 would be 2000
1321 would be 1000

Thanks in advance

Nick

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_951_]

=IF(B25="",ROUND(O25,-2),"")

Give this formula a try...

=MAX(1000,ROUND(O25,-3))

Rick

"Nick C" wrote in message
I am trying to write a formula which rounds O25 to the nearest thousand,
with
a minimum of one thousand.

So 330 would be 1000
1565 would be 2000
1321 would be 1000

Thanks in advance

Nick

Nick C

=IF(B25="",ROUND(O25,-2),"")

Rick,

Can this be combined into the original IF formula?

Nick

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

Give this formula a try...

=MAX(1000,ROUND(O25,-3))

Rick

"Nick C" wrote in message
I am trying to write a formula which rounds O25 to the nearest thousand,
with
a minimum of one thousand.

So 330 would be 1000
1565 would be 2000
1321 would be 1000

Thanks in advance

Nick

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_952_]

=IF(B25="",ROUND(O25,-2),"")

Whenever you have a formula in a cell, you can always copy everything after
the equal sign and use it in any other function (although sometimes you
might need to add surrounding parentheses). Now, for your question, I assume
you mean the formula in the Subject line and I further assume you want to
replace your ROUND function with what I posted. Is this what you want?

=IF(B25="",MAX(1000,ROUND(O25,-3)),"")

Rick

"Nick C" wrote in message
Rick,

Can this be combined into the original IF formula?

Nick

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

Give this formula a try...

=MAX(1000,ROUND(O25,-3))