-   -   Recovering passwords for protected worksheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/195213-recovering-passwords-protected-worksheets.html)

Stephen White

Recovering passwords for protected worksheets

I have inherited some Excel workbooks. Some have password protected
worksheets but the whereabouts of the person who put them together is
unknown.

Is there anyway of recovering the passwords?

--
Stephen White )

Bruce Sinclair

In article , Stephen White wrote:

I have inherited some Excel workbooks. Some have password protected
worksheets but the whereabouts of the person who put them together is
unknown.

Is there anyway of recovering the passwords?

I don't think so, but there are many password removers out there that work
(some free). Once you have the non password version you can add one if you
like ?

Suleman Peerzade[_2_]

Recovering passwords for protected worksheets

The security frame in excel is weak. Other than excel 2007.

Try this
http://www.getfreesofts.com/soft/894...ry_Wizard.html

Thanks
Suleman Peerzade

"Stephen White" wrote:

I have inherited some Excel workbooks. Some have password protected
worksheets but the whereabouts of the person who put them together is
unknown.

Is there anyway of recovering the passwords?

--
Stephen White )

Dave Peterson

Recovering passwords for protected worksheets

Visit JE McGimpsey's site:
http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html