-   -   adding an option in the right click menu (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1948-adding-option-right-click-menu.html)

kontiki

adding an option in the right click menu

Hallo,

I would like to add the option "copyto notepad" when I right-click on
any cell.

Any suggestions how to do this, so the text in the cell will automatically
be copied to notepad ?

Thanks very much !

Kontiki

Frank Kabel

Hi
as starting point some code:
Sub Add_Item()
Dim New_Entry As Object
Set New_Entry = CommandBars("Cell").Controls.Add(Temporary:=True)
On Error Resume Next
New_Entry.Controls("My message").Delete
On Error Goto 0

With New_Entry
.Caption = "My message"
.OnAction = "Message"
End With
End Sub

Sub Message()
MsgBox "Now you code yould start"
End Sub

Sub Delete_Item()
Dim myControl As CommandBarButton
For Each myControl In CommandBars("Cell").Controls
If myControl.Caption = "My message" Then
myControl.Delete
End If
Next

Regards