-   -   Asterisk is missing from list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/194751-asterisk-missing-list.html)

jlclyde

Asterisk is missing from list

I have a List in excel that covers 4,000 + rows. There is supposed to
be an asterisk in the bottom left corner so you knwo where to enter
data. The asterisk is missing and mill not automatically expand.

Please help,
Thanks,
Jay

Jim Rech

Asterisk is missing from list

Select you entire list and then press Ctrl-l (or Data, List, Create List).

--
Jim
"jlclyde" wrote in message
|I have a List in excel that covers 4,000 + rows. There is supposed to
| be an asterisk in the bottom left corner so you knwo where to enter
| data. The asterisk is missing and mill not automatically expand.
|
| Please help,
| Thanks,
| Jay

jlclyde

On Jul 14, 12:36*pm, "Jim Rech" wrote:
Select you entire list and then press Ctrl-l (or Data, List, Create List)..

--
Jim"jlclyde" wrote in message

|I have a List in excel that covers 4,000 + rows. *There is supposed to
| be an asterisk in the bottom left corner so you knwo where to enter
| data. *The asterisk is missing and mill not automatically expand.
|
| Please help,
| Thanks,
| Jay

Jim,
It is already a list. It has the blue line around it. It has the
sorting pulldowns at the top. It is missing the blue asterisk that is
in the bottom left hand corner when you click inside the blue box the
asterisk does nto show up.
I looked at it quick before I had sent this off, and it is a good
thing I did. The asterisk is gone because there are no more lines
that can be moved down. I had all of the cells with borders so it
could nto adjust down any further. I am sending this just in case
someone else is experiencing this.

Jay