-   -   Column Headings (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/194510-column-headings.html)

J. Bell

Column Headings

I have seen Column Headings that were diagonal and wondered how this is done.
Thank you.

Sandy

Column Headings

FormatCellsAlignment - Set orientation as required
Sandy

"J. Bell" <J. wrote in message
I have seen Column Headings that were diagonal and wondered how this is
done.
Thank you.

Bob Phillips[_3_]

Column Headings

Select the cell, goto FormatCellsAlignment and pick the Orientation, then
put a border around the cell.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"J. Bell" <J. wrote in message
I have seen Column Headings that were diagonal and wondered how this is
done.
Thank you.

Gord Dibben

Column Headings

You cannot physically slant cells, but you can format them to look slanted.

First, place a border around the cell and color it a nice color.

Then FormatCellAlignment.

Use the protractor to orient the text at 30 or 40 degrees.

Experiment with row height and column width.until you get the effect you want.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP