-   -   Macro to hide rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/194505-macro-hide-rows.html)

lightbulb

Macro to hide rows

I have formulas in consecutive rows, but I want to run a macro that will hide
the rows that equal 0, and if they change and don't equal 0, the row will
unhide. Is there a code for this? (I'm using Excel 2003)

Thanks!

Lars-Åke Aspelin[_2_]

Macro to hide rows

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 08:15:01 -0700, lightbulb
wrote:

I have formulas in consecutive rows, but I want to run a macro that will hide
the rows that equal 0, and if they change and don't equal 0, the row will
unhide. Is there a code for this? (I'm using Excel 2003)

Thanks!

Try this:

maxrownumber = 100
column_to_test = 1
For i = 1 To maxrownumber
If Cells(i, column_to_test).HasFormula Then
Rows(i).EntireRow.Hidden = (Cells(i, 1) = 0)
End If
Next i
End Sub

You can play with the maxrownumber and column_to_test to suit your
needs.

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke

Lars-Åke Aspelin[_2_]

Macro to hide rows

wrote:

I have formulas in consecutive rows, but I want to run a macro that will hide
the rows that equal 0, and if they change and don't equal 0, the row will
unhide. Is there a code for this? (I'm using Excel 2003)

Thanks!

Try this:

maxrownumber = 100
column_to_test = 1
For i = 1 To maxrownumber
If Cells(i, column_to_test).HasFormula Then
Rows(i).EntireRow.Hidden = (Cells(i, 1) = 0)
End If
Next i
End Sub

You can play with the maxrownumber and column_to_test to suit your
needs.

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke

Oops, forgot to change one of the 1's to column_to_test.

maxrownumber = 100
column_to_test = 1
For i = 1 To maxrownumber
If Cells(i, column_to_test).HasFormula Then
Rows(i).EntireRow.Hidden = (Cells(i, column_to_test) = 0)
End If
Next i
End Sub

lightbulb

Macro to hide rows

This did not work. In excel, I went to Tools-Macro-and named a new macro,
then I simply copy and pasted your macro into the Visual Basic code and it
did not work. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks!

"Lars-Ã…ke Aspelin" wrote:

wrote:

I have formulas in consecutive rows, but I want to run a macro that will hide
the rows that equal 0, and if they change and don't equal 0, the row will
unhide. Is there a code for this? (I'm using Excel 2003)

Thanks!

Try this:

maxrownumber = 100
column_to_test = 1
For i = 1 To maxrownumber
If Cells(i, column_to_test).HasFormula Then
Rows(i).EntireRow.Hidden = (Cells(i, 1) = 0)
End If
Next i
End Sub

You can play with the maxrownumber and column_to_test to suit your
needs.

Hope this helps / Lars-Ã…ke

Oops, forgot to change one of the 1's to column_to_test.

maxrownumber = 100
column_to_test = 1
For i = 1 To maxrownumber
If Cells(i, column_to_test).HasFormula Then
Rows(i).EntireRow.Hidden = (Cells(i, column_to_test) = 0)
End If
Next i
End Sub

Peo Sjoblom[_2_]

Macro to hide rows

Right click the sheet tab where you want this macro and select view code,
paste it there

Peo Sjoblom