-   -   need this formula to exclude cell value 'x' and 'xx' when counting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/194353-need-formula-exclude-cell-value-x-xx-when-counting.html)

Mitchell_Collen via OfficeKB.com

need this formula to exclude cell value 'x' and 'xx' when counting

Hi. I have a function that will count 1 every time there is text in a cell.
Is there a way to get the following function to count all cells having text
and exclude cells that contain cell values: 'xx' or x?

=SUM(IF(ISTEXT(C17:K17),1,0))

Please help me.
Thanks. Misty

--
Misty :-)

Gary''s Student

need this formula to exclude cell value 'x' and 'xx' when counting

=SUM(IF(ISTEXT(C17:K17),1,0))-COUNTIF(C17:K17,"x")-COUNTIF(C17:K17,"xx")
as an array formula
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007j

"Mitchell_Collen via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Hi. I have a function that will count 1 every time there is text in a cell.
Is there a way to get the following function to count all cells having text
and exclude cells that contain cell values: 'xx' or x?

=SUM(IF(ISTEXT(C17:K17),1,0))

Please help me.
Thanks. Misty

--
Misty :-)

Mitchell_Collen via OfficeKB.com

need this formula to exclude cell value 'x' and 'xx' when counting

Thanks!

Misty

--
Misty :-)