-   -   Importing Tables from Word to Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/194036-importing-tables-word-excel.html)

Will Payton

Importing Tables from Word to Excel

I have a table which is in Word document and I want to import it into Excel
as a header. Is this possible? If this is not possible how can I import the
table into the document without messing up the cell formatting I already have?
I need this table to appear on each printed page (approximately 20 pages)
however everytime I have tried to import the table the formatting that has
been previously established by the Excel document becomes distorted.

Dave Peterson

Importing Tables from Word to Excel

Maybe...

You could copy the MSWord table.
Then paste that table into excel as a picture.

In xl2003, I shift-click on Edit and use Paste Picture.

This isn't used with file|Page setup|headers and footers. It's used to paste
over the worksheet.

--

Dave Peterson

Will Payton[_2_]

Importing Tables from Word to Excel

I actually did try making a picture as you suggest but I need to be able to
edit the table I am pasting. I am setting up a template in which a multitude
of people will use once it is completed. But good suggestion.

Will Payton wrote:

I have a table which is in Word document and I want to import it into Excel
as a header. Is this possible? If this is not possible how can I import the
table into the document without messing up the cell formatting I already have?
I need this table to appear on each printed page (approximately 20 pages)
however everytime I have tried to import the table the formatting that has
been previously established by the Excel document becomes distorted.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Importing Tables from Word to Excel