-   -   char 124 where is on my keyboard. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/194031-char-124-where-my-keyboard.html)

Peter

char 124 where is on my keyboard.

I am having trouble finding some obscure characters on my keyboard.

I need the character 124 for example to specify this as a delimiter in the
text to columns wizard for some data i am importing into excel.

so this doesnt happen again with some other character, after i get the
answer from one of you clever people, could you also tell me pls how to link
a particular character or character code with its location on the keyboard so
i can access it.

many thanks
--
Peter

Mike H

char 124 where is on my keyboard.

Peter,

Shift+\

the \ sysmbol is to the left of the Z key.

Mike

"Peter" wrote:

I am having trouble finding some obscure characters on my keyboard.

I need the character 124 for example to specify this as a delimiter in the
text to columns wizard for some data i am importing into excel.

so this doesnt happen again with some other character, after i get the
answer from one of you clever people, could you also tell me pls how to link
a particular character or character code with its location on the keyboard so
i can access it.

many thanks
--
Peter

FSt1

char 124 where is on my keyboard.

hi
for future reference...
in a blank workbook, in cell A1, enter.....
=char(row())
then copy down to row 255.

Regards
FSt1

"Peter" wrote:

I am having trouble finding some obscure characters on my keyboard.

I need the character 124 for example to specify this as a delimiter in the
text to columns wizard for some data i am importing into excel.

so this doesnt happen again with some other character, after i get the
answer from one of you clever people, could you also tell me pls how to link
a particular character or character code with its location on the keyboard so
i can access it.

many thanks
--
Peter

James Silverton[_2_]

Peter wrote on Tue, 8 Jul 2008 04:49:00 -0700:

I need the character 124 for example to specify this as a
delimiter in the text to columns wizard for some data i am
importing into excel.

so this doesnt happen again with some other character, after i
get the answer from one of you clever people, could you also
tell me pls how to link a particular character or character
code with its location on the keyboard so i can access it.

many thanks

The symbols are probably marked on the keys above and to the right of
the alphabetics, so just enter ALT+0124 (number pad) and see what you
get.
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Gord Dibben

char 124 where is on my keyboard.

In the "other" delimiter box enter the character by holding Alt key and typing
0124 on the numpad.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 04:49:00 -0700, Peter
wrote:

I am having trouble finding some obscure characters on my keyboard.

I need the character 124 for example to specify this as a delimiter in the
text to columns wizard for some data i am importing into excel.

so this doesnt happen again with some other character, after i get the
answer from one of you clever people, could you also tell me pls how to link
a particular character or character code with its location on the keyboard so
i can access it.

many thanks

Peter

char 124 where is on my keyboard.

taa!
--
Peter

wrote:

I am having trouble finding some obscure characters on my keyboard.

I need the character 124 for example to specify this as a delimiter in the
text to columns wizard for some data i am importing into excel.

so this doesnt happen again with some other character, after i get the
answer from one of you clever people, could you also tell me pls how to link
a particular character or character code with its location on the keyboard so
i can access it.

many thanks

Peter

char 124 where is on my keyboard.

thankyou!
--
Peter

"Peter" wrote:

I am having trouble finding some obscure characters on my keyboard.

I need the character 124 for example to specify this as a delimiter in the
text to columns wizard for some data i am importing into excel.

so this doesnt happen again with some other character, after i get the
answer from one of you clever people, could you also tell me pls how to link
a particular character or character code with its location on the keyboard so
i can access it.

many thanks
--
Peter

Peter

char 124 where is on my keyboard.

taa muchly!
--
Peter

"Peter" wrote:

I am having trouble finding some obscure characters on my keyboard.

I need the character 124 for example to specify this as a delimiter in the
text to columns wizard for some data i am importing into excel.

so this doesnt happen again with some other character, after i get the
answer from one of you clever people, could you also tell me pls how to link
a particular character or character code with its location on the keyboard so
i can access it.

many thanks
--
Peter

Bruce Sinclair

In article , ?B?RlN0MQ==?= wrote:
hi
for future reference...
in a blank workbook, in cell A1, enter.....
=char(row())
then copy down to row 255.

... and try that with different fonts too :)

Regards
FSt1