-   -   Excel data file format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/19400-excel-data-file-format.html)

Wordgeek

Excel data file format

How can I save a data set in *.xls format to *.asc, *.bin, *.wav,...

Harald Staff

Hi

A macro like this will do

Sub test()
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs ("C:\Temp\Opus1.wav")
End Sub

Don't expect too much from the orchestration though ...

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Wordgeek" skrev i melding
How can I save a data set in *.xls format to *.asc, *.bin, *.wav,...

Fredrik Wahlgren

"Wordgeek" wrote in message
How can I save a data set in *.xls format to *.asc, *.bin, *.wav,...

How exactly do you have something in wav format in an xls file?

/Fredrik

Fredrik Wahlgren

"Wordgeek" wrote in message
How can I save a data set in *.xls format to *.asc, *.bin, *.wav,...

How exactly do you have something in wav format in an xls file?

/Fredrik

Earl Kiosterud

Harald,

Probably like putting a frozen pizza on a record turntable.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"Harald Staff" wrote in message
Hi

A macro like this will do

Sub test()
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs ("C:\Temp\Opus1.wav")
End Sub

Don't expect too much from the orchestration though ...

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Wordgeek" skrev i melding
How can I save a data set in *.xls format to *.asc, *.bin, *.wav,...

Harald Staff

I DID test it of course, "this idea's so stupid that it might actually
work", quote Kermit the Frog :-)

iTunes didn't even try to create sound from it, but put on a Joe Satriani
record instead. Windows Media presented a modal error message and shut
itself down. Another point goes to iTunes.

Best wishes Harald

"Earl Kiosterud" skrev i melding