-   -   Linking Text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/193920-linking-text.html)

Brenda

Linking Text

Is it possible to link text in Excel? I keep track of admissions and
discharges for residences and I would like to be able to link the names of
individuals from one spreadsheet to another. I keep track of number of days
in a residence, pass requests, and also when a resident is eligible for
dental work. It seems time consuming to update each of these spreadsheets
when I add or discharge a person. Any suggestions would be wonderful.
--
Brenda

David Biddulph[_2_]

Linking Text

==Sheet2!A2 or ='Third sheet'!A3

In your destination cell, type the = sign, then go to your source sheet &
click in the source cell, then accept the formula.
--
David Biddulph

"Brenda" wrote in message
Is it possible to link text in Excel? I keep track of admissions and
discharges for residences and I would like to be able to link the names of
individuals from one spreadsheet to another. I keep track of number of
days
in a residence, pass requests, and also when a resident is eligible for
dental work. It seems time consuming to update each of these spreadsheets
when I add or discharge a person. Any suggestions would be wonderful.
--
Brenda

Tim879

Linking Text

If you want to hyperlink to the other sheet, go to Insert - Hyperlink
(or hit Ctrl+ K) and then click on Place in this document on the left,
select the tab you want to link to and hit ok.

View help for Hyperlinks if you need more info.