-   -   Lookups (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/193891-lookups.html)

Warren Easton

Lookups

I have a table of data that I need to cross reference to get a cell value but
I can't seem to be able to. The table has gate sizes Height and Width with
different combinations using different sizes of gate posts e.g. the heights
are in the first column and the widths in the first row how would I get the
value of say cell B3?
--
Regards
Warren

John C[_2_]

Lookups

Assuming all heights in column A are unique, and all widths in row 1 are
unique:

=OFFSET(A1,MATCH(GateH,A:A,1)-1,MATCH(GateW,1:1,1)-1,1,1)

Where GateH is a reference for the heighth of the gate and GateW is the
reference to the width of the gate. This is also assuming that your widths
begin in column B and on, and heights start in row 2 and on down.

--
John C

"Warren Easton" wrote:

I have a table of data that I need to cross reference to get a cell value but
I can't seem to be able to. The table has gate sizes Height and Width with
different combinations using different sizes of gate posts e.g. the heights
are in the first column and the widths in the first row how would I get the
value of say cell B3?
--
Regards
Warren