-   -   The Instruction at "0x749860a0" referenced memory at "0x00000000" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/193758-instruction-0x749860a0-referenced-memory-0x00000000.html)

Tribeca

The Instruction at "0x749860a0" referenced memory at "0x00000000"

Why do I get this message TWICE each time I close Windows XP? Is it because
I updated my Excel?

Lorne[_2_]

"Tribeca" wrote in message
Why do I get this message TWICE each time I close Windows XP? Is it
because
I updated my Excel?

Because a program that is running when you close Windows is making an
illegal call to memory. You can easily tell if it is Excel - just close
Excel before you close Windows. If Excel closes with no error and Windows
closing still gives the error it is not Excel.

You can see a list of running programs by pressing ctrl-alt-del (all 3 keys
at the same time) and looking at the processes tab but trying to trouble
shoot where the problem exists is probably a job for an expert.

You can try closing all the applications you have running to see if it is
one of those but closing processes is not a good idea unless you know what
you are doing.