-   -   Simple VB for Excel Question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/193479-simple-vbulletin-excel-question.html)

Don

Simple VB for Excel Question

I want to create a macro that will check a cell (E5) which is a formula
=IF(ABS(SUM(J70:BD70))1,"Not Balanced","Balanced")
and if it has "Balanced" , then I want to put "Processed" in cell G6 and put
a time stamp in cell F6, if "Not Balanced" , then zero out cell G6 and F6?

Here is what I have so far that is trying to just display a text box , so be
kind

Sub ProB()
Dim GetDealNStat As String
Cells(5, 5).Select
GetDealNStat = Selection.Value
If GetDelNStat = "Balanced" Then
MsgBox "RECON Balanced", GetDealNStat, vbExclamation
Else
MsgBox "Deal is not Balanced, Please balance deal",
GetDealNStat, vbExclamation

Mike H

Simple VB for Excel Question

Maybe

Sub ProB()
Dim GetDealNStat As String
GetDealNStat = Cells(5, 5).Value
If Cells(5, 5).Value = "Balanced" Then

MsgBox "RECON Balanced " & GetDealNStat, vbExclamation
Else
MsgBox "Deal is not Balanced, Please balance deal " &
GetDealNStat, vbExclamation

Mike

"Don" wrote:

I want to create a macro that will check a cell (E5) which is a formula
=IF(ABS(SUM(J70:BD70))1,"Not Balanced","Balanced")
and if it has "Balanced" , then I want to put "Processed" in cell G6 and put
a time stamp in cell F6, if "Not Balanced" , then zero out cell G6 and F6?

Here is what I have so far that is trying to just display a text box , so be
kind

Sub ProB()
Dim GetDealNStat As String
Cells(5, 5).Select
GetDealNStat = Selection.Value
If GetDelNStat = "Balanced" Then
MsgBox "RECON Balanced", GetDealNStat, vbExclamation
Else
MsgBox "Deal is not Balanced, Please balance deal",
GetDealNStat, vbExclamation

Don

Simple VB for Excel Question

Mike, this got it , thanks for the help

"Don" wrote:

I want to create a macro that will check a cell (E5) which is a formula
=IF(ABS(SUM(J70:BD70))1,"Not Balanced","Balanced")
and if it has "Balanced" , then I want to put "Processed" in cell G6 and put
a time stamp in cell F6, if "Not Balanced" , then zero out cell G6 and F6?

Here is what I have so far that is trying to just display a text box , so be
kind

Sub ProB()
Dim GetDealNStat As String
Cells(5, 5).Select
GetDealNStat = Selection.Value
If GetDelNStat = "Balanced" Then
MsgBox "RECON Balanced", GetDealNStat, vbExclamation
Else
MsgBox "Deal is not Balanced, Please balance deal",
GetDealNStat, vbExclamation

Mike H

Simple VB for Excel Question

Glad I could help and thanks for the feedback

Mike