-   -   IF function - with a twist! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/193433-if-function-twist.html)

Jamie

IF function - with a twist!

Please help if you can.

I am using the IF function and will simplify what I need for explanation
purposes:

I have a value in A1 and a value in B1 and I want to display, in C1, the
larger of the two. The twist is that if that value is not larger than 100, I
want to display 100.

Please help if you can.

Thanks

Pete_UK

IF function - with a twist!

Put this in C1:

=MAX(100,A1,B1)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jul 2, 4:48*pm, Jamie wrote:
Please help if you can.

I am using the IF function and will simplify what I need for explanation
purposes:

I have a value in A1 and a value in B1 and I want to display, in C1, the
larger of the two. *The twist is that if that value is not larger than 100, I
want to display 100. *

Please help if you can.

Thanks

Flick Olmsford