-   -   How can I get individual reports from excell gradebook? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/19317-how-can-i-get-individual-reports-excell-gradebook.html)

KaKa

How can I get individual reports from excell gradebook?

I want to write progress reports for each student, based on the information
entered in an Excel gradebook. How can I do this, so that the name of each
assignment and it's points appears on an individualized report for each
student?

Jason Morin

It depends on how your gradebook is set up. For example,
if you had names in column A, with assignments in row 1
and grades across the columns:

Name Assignment #1 Assignment #2 Assignment #3
Jack A B B
Melissa B+ B+ B
John A A- C+
Diana B+ A+ A
Luke C- C B-

You could apply an AutoFilter (Data Filter
AutoFilter) and filter by name in col. A. Then Print. Or
you could even use a simple macro like the one below to
print each student and their scores on an individual
pages:

Sub PrintGradesbyName()
Dim LastRow As Long
Dim i As Long

LastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row

With ActiveSheet
.PageSetup.PrintTitleRows = "$1:$1"
For i = 2 To LastRow
.Rows(i).PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True
Next i
End With

End Sub

---
To use, copy the code above, press ALT+F11, go to Insert
Module, and paste in the code. Then Press ALT+Q to

close VBE. In XL, go to Tools Macro Macros and run
the macro.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA