-   -   IF Function Help, Please:) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/19295-if-function-help-please.html)

Pepper233

IF Function Help, Please:)

I need the IF function to add up two cells and if the sum is greater than or
equal to 80, then the cell needs to read "80," if the sum is less than 80 I
just want it to show whatever number it calculates (79 and below).

This is for a timesheet with overtime.

Thank you for your help!!

Wolfgang

Use: =IF(Cell1+Cell2<=80,Cell1+Cell2,80)

The syntax: =IF(some result equals or is less than 80, TRUE: the result,
FALSE: show 80)

"Pepper233" wrote:

I need the IF function to add up two cells and if the sum is greater than or
equal to 80, then the cell needs to read "80," if the sum is less than 80 I
just want it to show whatever number it calculates (79 and below).

This is for a timesheet with overtime.

Thank you for your help!!

Max

Try something like: =MIN(SUM(A1:B1),80)
where the 2 cells are A1 and B1
--
Rgds
Max
"Pepper233" wrote in message

I need the IF function to add up two cells and if the sum is greater than

or
equal to 80, then the cell needs to read "80," if the sum is less than 80

just want it to show whatever number it calculates (79 and below).

This is for a timesheet with overtime.

Thank you for your help!!

Pepper233

That worked; however, the results are negative numbers...?

"Pepper233" wrote:

I need the IF function to add up two cells and if the sum is greater than or
equal to 80, then the cell needs to read "80," if the sum is less than 80 I
just want it to show whatever number it calculates (79 and below).

This is for a timesheet with overtime.

Thank you for your help!!

Pepper233

Never mind about the negative number thing--figured it out :) Thanks,
Wolfgang!