-   -   2007 vs 2003 - work protection (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/192885-2007-vs-2003-work-protection.html)

theo

2007 vs 2003 - work protection

Good Friday Morning!
I have not seen this issue addressed -
I have a 2003 version excel workbook that is protected. There are no macros
in this document, although there is a sheet I want to remain hidden.
I have a user that can open the document and fill it out in their 2007
version. When they send it back as an attachment (.xlsx), and I try to open
it (I'm in 2003), it requests the password (for unprotecting the workbook).
It opens when I type in the password, although the workbook still shows
protected in Tools - Protection.

Is there any work-around to opening up the workbook WITHOUT having to know
and type in the password? I've seen some info a compatability download,
but I don't know if that will help the situation.

Any advice is appreciated (as always).

Roger Govier[_3_]

2007 vs 2003 - work protection

Hi Theo

You could ask them to save the file as a .xls file by choosing the Office
ButtonSaveXl97-2003 Format

--
Regards
Roger Govier