-   -   Automatic Launch Stopped Working (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/192787-automatic-launch-stopped-working.html)

JScott

Automatic Launch Stopped Working

I have read the previous queries about Excel opening when file is double
clicked but not the workbook, along with the recommendation to "uncheck
'ignore other applications'". I am running Excel 2007 and it doesn't seem to
have a "tools"option. Can anyone help me?

Windows XP Media Edition
Office 2007

FSt1

Automatic Launch Stopped Working

hi
yes it does. it's just that with 2007, they scattered all of the items on
the tools menu.
see these sites
http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...491511033.aspx
toolsoptions is now located office buttonexcel options

regards
FSt1
"jscott" wrote:

I have read the previous queries about Excel opening when file is double
clicked but not the workbook, along with the recommendation to "uncheck
'ignore other applications'". I am running Excel 2007 and it doesn't seem to
have a "tools"option. Can anyone help me?

Windows XP Media Edition
Office 2007

JScott

Automatic Launch Stopped Working

Thank you FSt1 for the response. It enabled me to find "ignore other
applications" and it was unchecked. Unfortunately I still have the problem
that double clicking a file opens Excel but not the workbook. Clicking again
on the excel box at the bottom of the screen does open the workbook. I don't
know what I did to cause this change, but I'd like to undo it. Any
suggestions?

Office 2007

"jscott" wrote:

I have read the previous queries about Excel opening when file is double
clicked but not the workbook, along with the recommendation to "uncheck
'ignore other applications'". I am running Excel 2007 and it doesn't seem to
have a "tools"option. Can anyone help me?

Windows XP Media Edition
Office 2007

DebbieSue

Automatic Launch Stopped Working

I don't think it was anything you did. We just upgraded to 2007 and I'm
having the same problem. I didn't change anything either. Our IT dept is
looking into it. I want 2003 back. I hate 2007.

"jscott" wrote:

I have read the previous queries about Excel opening when file is double
clicked but not the workbook, along with the recommendation to "uncheck
'ignore other applications'". I am running Excel 2007 and it doesn't seem to
have a "tools"option. Can anyone help me?

Windows XP Media Edition
Office 2007

Gord Dibben

Automatic Launch Stopped Working

You could have the same problem with Excel 2003 and earlier versions. so
don't "hate" 2007 too much.

Re-register Excel.

Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar

1) StartRun "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)OK.
2) StartRun "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.

See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.

In that case StartRun "C:\yourpath\excel.exe" /regserver(quotes
required)OK.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP