-   -   Deleting Non-Highlighted Cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/192602-deleting-non-highlighted-cells.html)

lindsey

Deleting Non-Highlighted Cells

I have a conditional formula set up to highlight cels that are the only
occurance or are the first occurance of a duplicate. So, all of the
duplicates are not highlighted. How do I delete all of the non-highlighted
cells? Thank you.

Jim Rech

Deleting Non-Highlighted Cells

There is no feature that I'm aware of in Excel that looks at your
conditional formatting and deletes cells based on it. But since you want to
create a list of unique items you can use Data, Filter, Advanced Filter
after selecting your list. Select "copy to another location" and "unique
items only". You can replace your original list with the uniques list with
copy/paste if that's what you want to do.

--
Jim