-   -   Rename Cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1926-rename-cells.html)

dlaatsch

Rename Cells

I use Excel to track clock time, production time and days worked per week. I
have renamed cells to personalize them for each employee for example:
Bill A. clock hours week 1 = BAC1
Steve B. clock hours week 1 = SBC1
Dan C clock hours week 1 = DCC1

Is there an easier way to rename cells for the following week instead of
manually going to each cell and typing; BAC2, SBC2, DCC2.

Frank Kabel

Hi
what do you mean with 'rename' have you used 'Insert - Name - Define'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

dlaatsch wrote:
I use Excel to track clock time, production time and days worked per
week. I have renamed cells to personalize them for each employee for
example:
Bill A. clock hours week 1 = BAC1
Steve B. clock hours week 1 = SBC1
Dan C clock hours week 1 = DCC1

Is there an easier way to rename cells for the following week instead
of manually going to each cell and typing; BAC2, SBC2, DCC2.

Hi

Using AutoFill will do the job for you (using the little black suware at the
bottom right of the cell). It should increment the end digit on its own. If
it doesn't, try it with the Ctrl key held down.

--
Andy.