-   -   conditional vlookup? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/192250-conditional-vlookup.html)

hombreazul

conditional vlookup?

Hi. I hope one of you savvy folk can help me. What I need is to be
able to enter a date in say, A2. And then, for B2 and C2 to display
the biweekly date the entered date fell in between. So, if I were to
enter 06/05/08 in A2, B2 and C2 would display 06/01/08 and 06/14/08
respectively, or something to that effect?

Your help is much appreciated.

Pete_UK

conditional vlookup?

Are your dates always from 1st of the month to 14th (and 15th to end
of month for the second period), or are they truly 2 week periods
consecutively from 1st January?

Pete

On Jun 23, 9:52 am, Pete_UK wrote:
Are your dates always from 1st of the month to 14th (and 15th to end
of month for the second period), or are they truly 2 week periods
consecutively from 1st January?

Pete

On Jun 23, 3:16 pm, hombreazul wrote:

Hi. I hope one of you savvy folk can help me. What I need is to be
able to enter a date in say, A2. And then, for B2 and C2 to display
the biweekly date the entered date fell in between. So, if I were to
enter 06/05/08 in A2, B2 and C2 would display 06/01/08 and 06/14/08
respectively, or something to that effect?

Your help is much appreciated.

Hi,

Thanks for answering. They are just two week periods.

Lorne[_2_]

conditional vlookup?

"hombreazul" wrote in message
On Jun 23, 9:52 am, Pete_UK wrote:
Are your dates always from 1st of the month to 14th (and 15th to end
of month for the second period), or are they truly 2 week periods
consecutively from 1st January?

Pete

On Jun 23, 3:16 pm, hombreazul wrote:

Hi. I hope one of you savvy folk can help me. What I need is to be
able to enter a date in say, A2. And then, for B2 and C2 to display
the biweekly date the entered date fell in between. So, if I were to
enter 06/05/08 in A2, B2 and C2 would display 06/01/08 and 06/14/08
respectively, or something to that effect?

Your help is much appreciated.

Hi,

Thanks for answering. They are just two week periods.

Put 1st January somewhere.

use formula =date-1st January to gets days to your date.

date1 = days to your date - Mod(days to your date, 14)
date2 = date1 + 14.

Lorne[_2_]

conditional vlookup?

On Jun 23, 9:52 am, Pete_UK wrote:
Are your dates always from 1st of the month to 14th (and 15th to end
of month for the second period), or are they truly 2 week periods
consecutively from 1st January?

Pete

On Jun 23, 3:16 pm, hombreazul wrote:

Hi. I hope one of you savvy folk can help me. What I need is to be
able to enter a date in say, A2. And then, for B2 and C2 to display
the biweekly date the entered date fell in between. So, if I were to
enter 06/05/08 in A2, B2 and C2 would display 06/01/08 and 06/14/08
respectively, or something to that effect?

Your help is much appreciated.

Hi,

Thanks for answering. They are just two week periods.

Put 1st January somewhere.

use formula =date-1st January to gets days to your date.

date1 = days to your date - Mod(days to your date, 14)
date2 = date1 + 14.

Appologies: date2 = date1 + 13