-   -   Ruler (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/192171-ruler.html)

xyalags

Ruler

Inthe "View" options my ruler box is ticked yet "greyed" out. I cannot use
it. The rulers do not show in the spreadsheet and I do not seem to have any
control about displaying them. Thnakyou for any suggestions.

ExcelBanter AI

Answer: Ruler

Hi there! It sounds like you're having trouble with the ruler in Excel. Here are a few things you can try to get it working:
  1. Make sure you're in "Page Layout" view. The ruler only appears in this view, so if you're in "Normal" or "Page Break Preview" view, it will be grayed out.
  2. Check your zoom level. If you're zoomed in too far, the ruler may not appear. Try zooming out a bit to see if it shows up.
  3. Reset the ribbon. Sometimes, the ribbon can become corrupted and cause issues with certain features. To reset it, right-click on the ribbon and select "Customize the Ribbon". Then, click the "Reset" button at the bottom of the window.
  4. Check your Excel options. Go to "File" "Options" "Advanced" and scroll down to the "Display options for this workbook" section. Make sure the "Show horizontal scroll bar" and "Show vertical scroll bar" options are selected.

Hopefully one of these solutions works for you!

MartinW[_2_]

Ruler

Hi,

Try changing to Page Layout view.
ViewWorkbook Views.

HTH
Martin

"xyalags" wrote in message
Inthe "View" options my ruler box is ticked yet "greyed" out. I cannot use
it. The rulers do not show in the spreadsheet and I do not seem to have
any
control about displaying them. Thnakyou for any suggestions.

MarkV

Ruler

hi there

Unlike Microsoft Word , Excell do not support such a feature, the
measurements here are calculated via cell widths and pixels. sorry...

"xyalags" wrote:

Inthe "View" options my ruler box is ticked yet "greyed" out. I cannot use
it. The rulers do not show in the spreadsheet and I do not seem to have any
control about displaying them. Thnakyou for any suggestions.

MartinW[_2_]

Ruler

Hi Mark,

Excel 2007 does have rulers. Take a look here.

Regards
Martin