-   -   data validation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/192144-data-validation.html)

jiji

data validation

Hi,
I like to know how i can limit cell to whole numbers only, but also avoid
duplication of the same number in different cells.

Tnx. in advance.

T. Valko

data validation

Assume the range of cells in question is A1:A10

Select the range A1:A10
Goto the menu DataValidation
Allow: Custom
Formula:

=AND(INT(A1)=A1,COUNTIF(A$1:A$10,A1)<2)

OK out

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"jiji" wrote in message
I like to know how i can limit cell to whole numbers only, but also avoid
duplication of the same number in different cells.

Tnx. in advance.

jiji

data validation

TNX.

"jiji" wrote in message
I like to know how i can limit cell to whole numbers only, but also avoid
duplication of the same number in different cells.

Tnx. in advance.

T. Valko

data validation

You're welcome!