-   -   Searching cells from user input (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/192120-searching-cells-user-input.html)

masanovic

Searching cells from user input

Ive used Access to search a table and display results on a form but can this
be done in excel? For example, I want the end user to be able to enter "first
name" into a text box, and "Surname" into another. I want the rows in excel
to be searched and if they match the input to display that row in another
form.

Is this possible?

Billy Liddel

"masanovic" wrote:

Ive used Access to search a table and display results on a form but can this
be done in excel? For example, I want the end user to be able to enter "first
name" into a text box, and "Surname" into another. I want the rows in excel
to be searched and if they match the input to display that row in another
form.

Excel has a data form in the Data menu.
The active cell must in in the Data table when you choose Data, Form.
You can search for records in the form

Peter