-   -   Pivot Chart Grouping (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/191950-pivot-chart-grouping.html)

MichaelR

Pivot Chart Grouping

Hi,

I have a sales database with sales by month for the last three years that is
linked to a pivot chart in excel. I am trying to configure my pivot table to
have a depth of two columns - current month and year-to-date. So, for
example, if I put product class as the row field, I would like to see all of
my products along the x-axis, each with two columns - one for current month
and one for year to date.

Is there any way to do this within the pivot charts?

I tried to solve the problem by having two data items for sales $. One of
the data items was summarized as "SUM" and the other as "Running Total in"
month. This allowed me to calculate the Year-to-date sales at any given month
but it didn't work when I only had one month filtered because the running
total of sales $ became equal to the sum of sales $.

I'm sorry for the long description - I didn't know how else to explain the
problem. If you have any ideas, please help.

Thanks,
Michael