-   -   Converting Text to Number (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/19181-converting-text-number.html)

Andrew Bartholomew

Converting Text to Number

I copy and pasted a bunch of dollar amounts from a text source, and because
all of the data contains the dollar sign and commas, excel interprets it as
text. The problem is that I need to use this data as numbers, ie. be able to
use the SUM and AVERAGE functions. Is there any way for me to reformat this
data so I am able to do this?

CLR

Try highlighting the column, then Data TextToColumns Delimited and
remove all delimiter checks Finish

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Andrew Bartholomew" <Andrew wrote in