-   -   Increase the limit to number of columns? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1917-increase-limit-number-columns.html)

David Pharmacy 777

Increase the limit to number of columns?

I have run oput of columns on my sheet. I can't insert any more. Can I
increase this limitation?

Bob Phillips

No, you have to manage it in other ways (e.g. multiple sheets)

--

HTH

RP

"David Pharmacy 777" <David Pharmacy wrote in
message ...
I have run oput of columns on my sheet. I can't insert any more. Can I
increase this limitation?

Ben McBen

This requires kidnapping Bill Gates and holding him to
ransom until they change this!

Until then - buy a mug:

http://www.cafepress.com/mrexcel.6298265

Bob Phillips

$12.99 for a mug!

--

HTH

RP

"Ben McBen" wrote in message
This requires kidnapping Bill Gates and holding him to
ransom until they change this!

Until then - buy a mug:

http://www.cafepress.com/mrexcel.6298265

Michael R Middleton

David Pharmacy 777 -

I have run oput of columns on my sheet. I can't insert any more. Can I
increase this limitation? <

The limit is 256 columns, and it cannot be changed.

If you're not using all 256, and if you cannot insert a column, there may be
some columns on the far right that seem to be empty but that Excel thinks
contain data or that previously contained data. If you select those columns
on the far right and delete (or clear contents), you may be able to insert
columns again.

- Mike

www.mikemiddleton.com