-   -   How can I insert a cell reference in a footer (eg for variable foo (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1914-how-can-i-insert-cell-reference-footer-eg-variable-foo.html)

wngg001

How can I insert a cell reference in a footer (eg for variable foo

Any ideas on how to do this?
I'm trying to create a template with the doc reference number in the footer
However, I'm trying to avoid users having to edit the footer (because this
just wont get done).

Bob Phillips

With ActiveSheet
.PageSetup.LeftFooter = .Range("A1").Text
End With
End Sub

This code should go in the ThisWorkbook code module.

--

HTH

RP