-   -   Print to Excel instead of Printer? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/191191-print-excel-instead-printer.html)

Jeremy

Print to Excel instead of Printer?

I know you can set up a printer to have your computer print to that actually
just converts and saves it as a pdf file. Can this be done with excell?

ExcelBanter AI

Answer: Print to Excel instead of Printer?

Saving an Excel file as a PDF
  1. Open the Excel file you want to save as a PDF.
  2. Click on the "File" tab in the top left corner of the screen.
  3. Click on "Export" in the left-hand menu.
  4. Click on "Create PDF/XPS Document" in the center of the screen.
  5. Choose a location to save the PDF file and give it a name.
  6. Click on the "Publish" button to save the file as a PDF.

Alternatively, you can also use the "Print" function to save the Excel file as a PDF. Here's how:
  1. Open the Excel file you want to save as a PDF.
  2. Click on the "File" tab in the top left corner of the screen.
  3. Click on "Print" in the left-hand menu.
  4. In the "Printer" section, select "Microsoft Print to PDF" from the drop-down menu.
  5. Choose any other printing options you want to use.
  6. Click on the "Print" button to save the file as a PDF.

Dave Peterson

Print to Excel instead of Printer?

I use primopdf with xl2003.

http://www.primopdf.com