-   -   Print Named Cells highlights web link to Excel range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/191012-print-named-cells-highlights-web-link-excel-range.html)

ExcelMonkey

Print Named Cells highlights web link to Excel range

I just went to:

INSERT/NAMES/PASTE

Excel then pasted all the names in spreadsheet I am reviewing. As usual it
also pastes names that used to exist and have been deleted. One of the old
names called "Query" had the following formula in it:

='https://blahblahblah.com/123/ABC/Documents/[spreadsheet1.xls]Detail'!$A$1:$F$951

What does this imply? Does this mean that this was at one time a Web Query?
It seems to have an excel address in it. Or is this an example of XML?

Thanks

EM

Sean Timmons

Print Named Cells highlights web link to Excel range

This was an Excel spreadsheet that was stored on a web server. a web site
address is merely a way of giving a name to the server that houses
informaiton. Think of the http://....com part as your C: drive being
available on a network. Then, you have the subdirectories after the /'s down
to the file name.